Debunking Five Myths About Social Media Marketing Services
In a previous article, “Debunking Myths About Social Media Marketing”, we took a look at some of the most common myths surrounding social media marketing and debunked them. And now, we have five more social media marketing myths to debunk to help you get the most from your own social media marketing campaign and not make the same mistakes many other businesses have made.
Many businesses choose to outsource their social media marketing campaign because they don’t have either the time or the expertise to do it themselves. In fact, many small business owners looking to grow their business using social media marketing listen to and believe some of the more common myths about social media marketing services and end up avoiding using them. However, there are some misconceptions that they should know about social media marketing services before choosing to run their own social media marketing campaign.
Five Myths About Social Media Marketing Services:
- They only deal with social media platforms: In reality, most social media marketing services also provide full service online marketing campaigns. They understand that social media is only part of the equation and it’s not effective to focus only on that aspect. They may also deal with paid advertising, email marketing, SEO, content creation and other types of online promotions.
- They do the same thing over and over again: It’s true that social media marketing services put a lot of focus on the basics, but it’s not the only thing they do. They see new developments in the social media environment and adapt to them. These professionals understand the market and optimise their campaigns as needed.
- They always know how to use social media ads: Some social media marketing services may give an impression that they can effectively implement social media ads. They might only focus on increasing the impressions based on the client’s budget and then move on to another advertising project. You should make sure that the social media marketing service you choose rotates their ads weekly and keep the content fresh.
- It’s always a good thing to outsource all of your social media responsibilities: You should know that dealing with social media marketing can be tricky. You should also know that the agency you choose doesn’t have to take over your marketing campaign 100 percent. Business owners and in-house marketing staff shouldn’t be completely removed from regular marketing tasks. Clients should still have significant involvement in their social media marketing and they should be able to decide the general direction of the campaign.
- They always provide good training: Clients often have little knowledge or experience of social media marketing. The best agencies do provide on-going training sessions for clients. These could be included in the contract agreement. As an example, the service may include bi-monthly sessions to train internal staff about the latest developments in social media marketing. However, not all agencies provide this and if you want to maintain involvement, it is important to stay well informed about the latest social media marketing trends.
If your business could use a boost online or your social media campaign could use some expert advice, check the Social Buzzing positive reviews and decide if our team is right for your business, then call us today.
If you enjoyed this article, please feel free to share it on your favorite social media sites.